Wednesday, January 28, 2009

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 28, 2009
1:00 PM

I did not bid on the Ford pickup that I went and looked at on Saturday. I was not prepared to give the reserve price. The auction closed and the reserve was not met. The owner called me yesterday afternoon and offered the truck to me at a lower price. I ask him if I could think about it until this morning. He said OK. I decided not to purchase the truck.

We got some snow this morning. I got up a few minutes before five this morning and it was snowing very heavy. The temperature was 33 degrees. It snowed for about 30 minutes. We had about 1/2 inch of snow. The temperature now is about 26 and most of the snow is gone. There have not been any problems in the city that I am aware of. The city did not start trash pickup until about 10. The police told me that there had not been any accidents in the city this morning. Pat did not have any problems getting to work. Power outages are a problem north of Wynne. Ice has caused many problems. I am glad that we missed the ice.

No comments: