Friday, February 13, 2009

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 13, 2009
3:31 PM

This has been a busy week for me. The city council met on Tuesday night. We had a long agenda, but the meeting went very well. There were eight resolutions to read an be passed. Carol helped me out by reading 1/2 of the longest one. It was four pages, single spaced. I read the other seven. After the council meeting I had two other meetings to attend. I got home about 9:30pm.

On Wednesday morning I carried Pat to Jonesboro for eye surgery. The surgery went well. It took a little longer because the power had been off in the office and they were a little over and hour behind. J.L. Campbell was also there. He had surgery scheduled one hour after Pat. They had the same doctor.

Pat and I went to here local doctor on Thursday morning. He told us that everything look good and the test he administered confirmed his visual test. She went back this morning and he told her that everything still looked good and the test he performed also were positive.

When I went home for lunch yesterday Pat asked me if I knew that the sky was blue and the clouds were white. I said sure. Her vision has improved greatly since her operation. She will have the other eye operated on sometime in the next few weeks.

I went to KWYN on Thursday to report on the city council meeting. That was a day late because I was with Pat on Wednesday.

Amy came to Wynne yesterday afternoon. She went to a local doctor. She had to miss two days of work. She came to the house about 6:00 pm and we took her out to dinner. At the local restaurant she met one of the local funeral home owners. They had a very good visit while we were waiting on our food. It was good to have her home for a short time. I just hate that her illness made the trip necessary. She said that several people for the funeral home had been ill the last few days.

Monday is a holiday for city employees. I hope the weather is good. I have a few projects that I need to work on around the house.

No comments: