Friday, February 6, 2009

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2009
3:51 PM

I have spend a good deal of time this week on a map for the 2010 census. There are about three areas that I need to add to the map. I have to draw the area on the map and list the Ordinance that was passed. We also have to submit a copy of the Ordinance. We are having trouble locating one of the ordinances. We should have this completed soon. It is very important to list all of the areas in the city. The city receives money based on our population. We need to make sure that the map they work from contains an accurate description.

The city council meets Tuesday night. We have a long agenda, but most of the items are related to a grant for the Boys and Girls Club of Cross County. We also have to pass a resolution relating to our new drug testing for non-CDL city employees and pass the small budgets for the city.

I sold our old trash containers to a man from Wynne. He is carrying them to Parkin and selling them for scrap. Scrap prices are low now. We have about 50 containers to be sold.

Pat has eye surgery on Wednesday of next week. I hope everything goes well.

I am still taking medicine for my cold. It is much better. The weather is also much better, in fact the temperature in Wynne is now 65 degrees.

Tomorrow I will present two young men a citation for their work in saving lives in a fire a few days ago. If they had not happened to be at that location and made the decision to aid, we would probably have had some deaths. One of the young men was injured, but appears that he will fully recover. Good news is always GREAT.

Sunday I plan to attend the ceremony for a young man who has earned his eagle scout rank. This is quite an accomplishment. Very few young scouts achieve this rank. I have given his parents a letter for him and a proclamation from me to become a part of his record of the high honor.

No comments: