Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TUESDAY JUNE 16, 2009
9:21 AM

It has been quiet at city hall so far this week. I will go to Hot Springs tomorrow to attend the convention of the Arkansas Municipal League. I look forward to the meeting. I will get to visit with my friends from around the state. I will also get to visit with some of the vendors who sell products to the city. I will be in charge of one of the sessions on Thursday afternoon.

Amy came to Wynne over the weekend. It was good to get to visit with her for the two days she was in Wynne.

This past weekend was Farmfest celebration in Wynne. The activities were moved back to the old section of town this year. Overall the move worked out well. There were a few glitches, but overall I think that it was a successful event. I work, as I have for several years, the 5K race and walk. The numbers were down from the numbers that have participated in the past, but the race/walk was a success. After the race, Pat and I enjoyed pancakes. The veterans committee uses this breakfast as one of their fundraisers. We enjoyed the pancakes and visiting with citizens and the race/walk participants.

The wedding and cemetery business has been slow for me for several days. I have not had a wedding or a funeral for several days.

No comments: