Friday, August 7, 2009

FRIDAY AUGUST 7, 2009
10:30 AM

I have been very busy dealing with a variety of city projects and problems this week. The August meeting of the city council is next Tuesday. We have a full agenda. I will make a report after the meeting.

I have scheduled two meetings before the council meets on Tuesday. The solid waste committee will meet and discuss our class four trash service. We must make some changes. The personnel committee will also meet. They need to make a decision about one of the pension plans.

I have talked with the printer of our information about the changes that will take place in the next few weeks. They should be here in a few days. We will distribute them to every household at least two weeks before we implement changes. The new truck will be delivered next week or at the latest in two weeks. The truck is in Little Rock. The bed supplier has to install some cameras and then the truck has to go to Jonesboro for a final check from Mack. I know that we will have some problems with the changes, but I am excited about the new system of removing class one trash.

Monday I will take Pat back to the doctor for a check up. I hope everything goes well and she can get back to a normal life. Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments: