Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TUESDAY AUGUST 4, 2009
2:00 PM

I purchased two new time clocks in January for use in the Dept. of Public Works and the Police dept. I did this because of some US Dept of Labor and EEOC investigations. I purchased time clocks that operate using a computer and uses the employee fingerprint to record time. This system will make it easier for these departments to keep up with the time of employees.

Our IT person installed the new time clocks and they would not run. They would shut off without any warning. The IT person contacted the clock company and were told that he would have to buy a certain kind of connector from them for the clocks to work properly. He ordered the connections and they still have not been received. I have been frustrated and made several calls checking on the status of the connectors. I was told every time that the connectors were on back order and there was only one supplier. I became frustrated yesterday and called the time clock company and explained the problem. They said that they had plenty of connectors. I called the IT persons and relayed the information. A representative of the IT company had canceled the order without the owners permission. We discovered this yesterday. That employee was fired for other reasons three months ago from the IT company. The owner ordered the connectors yesterday and they should be here next week. He said that it was his fault and that he would do the work and pay for the connectors at no charge to the city. I hope, by this time, next week to have the new system operational.

No comments: