Saturday, August 21, 2010

SATURDAY AUGUST 21, 2010
5:15 PM

I went to Mountain Home on Thursday of this week. The Executive Committee of the Arkansas Municipal League met on Friday. I got to Mountain Home late Thursday afternoon. The group went to dinner at the local country club. There were some other groups meeting in Mountain Home during the same time. This is the planning meeting for the AML.

We had a very productive meeting. We discussed and made decisions about the league for the next year. I have been going to this meeting for several years. The last several years I have been a member of the Executive Committee. Several years before I was a member of the Executive Committee I held several positions with the league that required my attendance at this conference.

I got to see some old friends from around the state. I also made some new friends who are meeting with this group for the first time. The meeting yesterday lasted five hours. I got home to Wynne a little after six last night.

Thursday afternoon I called one of my old teacher friends who lives in the Mountain Home area. He retired in 1998 and I retired in January of 1999. I have had no contact with him since his retirement. We talked for quite a while Thursday afternoon. We go caught up on what we have been doing since our retirement. We had a very good visit. (He knew that I was the Mayor of Wynne)

No comments: