Saturday, January 1, 2011


SATURDAY JANUARY 1, 2011
7:30 PM

I started the day at the swearing in ceremony for the elected officials of Cross County. I took the oath for mayor for the fifth time, once as the appointed mayor and four times as the winner of the election. The ceremony went well and was well attended. Amy got to go to the ceremony today. This was the first time she has been able to attend the ceremony.


This afternoon I watched my Bulldogs and the Gator Bowl. Mississippi State beat Michigan 52 to 14. It was a good day for Bulldog fans.

This afternoon I talked with one of my friends from Mississippi State. We were good friends in college and even were roommates for one year. I have not had any contact with him for many years. Last week I was talking to a member of his family and I asked about my friend. He told me the town he lived in TN. I went to Google and found his telephone number. I called and left a message for him to give me a call. He called this afternoon and we had a good phone visit. It was good to catch each other on our lives over the past years.

My family spent the Christmas holidays in Iuka. We had a very good time and good time with family. I came home on Monday and Pat and Amy stayed till Friday. Some of Pat's family stayed in Iuka till Wednesday.

I look forward to serving as mayor for another term. I have enjoyed my time as mayor and I am thankful to the citizens of Wynne for the honor and privilege to serve as mayor.

I have not been writing very much over the past few weeks. I hope do write more as I get back in a normal routine.

No comments: