Saturday, February 19, 2011

FEBRUARY 19, 2011
5:20 PM

I have had a very busy week. On Monday I went to Little Rock. I attended a meeting of the Executive Committee of the EAPDD. We are in the process of hiring a new director. We received 24 applications for the position. UALR was hired to write the specifications for the position and rank the people who applied. They have completed that task. The committee decided to interview the top six candidates. Those interviews will be held in Wynne on March 3rd and 4th .

Tuesday and Wednesday I was very busy at the office. It seemed like every time one task or person visited with me, another one came in the office.

I had to return to Little Rock on Thursday. I attended the Executive Committee of the Arkansas Municipal league. We had a good meeting, but it went a long time.

Yesterday Pat, Richard and I went to Hamburg. We attended the funeral for Mr. Carpenter. Mr. Carpenter was the CEO of Woodruff for about 30 years during Pat's employment at Woodruff. He was a super boss and was a very good individual and friend. The service was very good and was well attended by present and former Woodruff employees.

I spent the morning completing the installation of my air conditioner for my old truck. The only thing that has to be done is the freon and I will have to hire a professional to complete that part of the job. I spent the afternoon working in the back yard. It will not be very long before I spend time each Saturday in the yard.

No comments: