Sunday, April 24, 2011

SUNDAY APRIL 24, 2011
5:10 PM

Pat and I have just returned from a weekend trip to Iuka.  I did yard work and Pat continued to work inside the house.  We visited mother several times over the weekend.  She is not doing well.  Today she to be upset.  We could not determine why she appeared to be upset.  That is not normal for mother.  She is always reserved.

Pat , my aunt and  I had supper with one of my brothers and his family.  We had a good meal and got to visit with  the family.  They had a sick goat and on our way home my brother called and said that the goat did not make it.  The goat was born on Christmas day and died on Easter.

Pat and I joined my other brother and his family and attended church with our aunt.  We all had a very good time and it was good to visit for a few minutes with my brother and his family.

Pat and I have decided to move to Iuka.  Our home in Wynne is now for sale.  If the home sells, Pat will move to Iuka as soon as we can move.  If it does not sell, we will move sometime after July 15th.  That is my last day as mayor.

That is a major decision and will be life changing.  Since mother's health has changed, I have assumed all of the bills for the home in Iuka.  We can not afford to keep up two homes.

I look forward to serving out the rest of my time as mayor.  I have enjoyed serving as mayor, but it is time for me to move on and let someone else serve as mayor.

No comments: