Friday, January 15, 2010

MONDAY JANUARY 15, 2009
6:00 PM

I have been in Little Rock attending the Winter Conference of the Arkansas Municipal League. We had a very good meeting. The attendance was down by a small amount, but there was a good turn out.

We had some very interesting and informative sessions. I heard some information that I have heard a number of times before, but as usual I learned some new information that will aid me in my job as Mayor of Wynne.

I also enjoyed visiting with my friends from around the state and making some new friends. Some times sitting around the table with my friends from around the state reminds me of local coffee shop talk. We are able to solve all of the worlds problems around the table.

The Wynne City Council met for the January meeting on Tuesday night. I will give a full report next week of the actions taken.

The weather has changed quiet a bit. This afternoon on my way home from Little Rock I was listening to a Little Rock station and the temperature was 58. I even rolled down my windows on the car and enjoyed the warm weather.

Today was the last official day of work for Pat. She has not worked this week, but today is officially her last day. I think that she enjoys being retired.

No comments: