Saturday, May 28, 2011

SATURDAY MAY 28, 2011
7:26 PM

I have had a very busy week.  We had mechanical trouble with our garbage trucks.  Jerry make a trip to Fort Payne Alabama to pick up repair parts.  He left at 1:00 AM and got back to Wynne about 2:30 PM.  I took the truck then to Little Rock with the parts.  I got back to Wynne about 7:30 PM.  We did this because if they shipped the parts we would not have gotten our truck back until next week.  It was a long day for me and Jerry, but we got the truck back the next day.  That was Wednesday. 

On Thursday we had a solid waste board meeting in the morning.  After the meeting I went back to Little Rock to attend an AML Executive Committee meeting.  I got home about 9:30 PM.  During the meeting it was announced that I will soon be retiring.  The committee voted to make me a lifetime member of the league.

Theda took a vacation day yesterday.  I had to city hall by my self.  It was a very boring day.  The phone only rang one time and there were no visitors to the office.  Sometimes it is good to have days like that.

Today I helped Amy move to Southhaven Mississippi.  She will be sharing an apartment with one of her coworkers at the funeral home.  She is glad to have a full time job and able to live closer to her work.

Before I  moved Amy I cut the yard and did the edging.  I missed my riding mower. 

No comments: