Monday, May 28, 2012

MONDAY MAY 28, 2012
4:00 PM

It has been a quiet Memorial Day here at the Nichols home.  Early this morning Pat watered all of her new plants that she has planted since we moved to Iuka.  I helped and did a little yard work while she was watering.  After the watering, I decided to wash my old Ford truck.  About the time I was finishing the wash job my brother David and his wife stopped by for a visit.  They had not been to the house since we had the new floor installed.  They liked the new flooring.  We visited for a while and they checked out my garage.  They liked  the new garage.

I decided to take a shower after they left.  While I was taking a shower Pat's brother Mike stopped by for a visit.  He wanted to check out the work I had completed on the garage.  We visited for  a while and then he, Pat and I had cornbread, pinto beans and onions for lunch.  After lunch he returned home, he had to repair his lawn mower.

Last night Pat and I went to David's home for a hamburger cookout.  David's girls and Sandra's children were there.  We all had a good time and some good food.

Pat and I went to Florence on Friday night for supper.  I had heard about a cafe that I wanted to check out.  The food was very good and not very expensive.  We will go back to that cafe. (I heard about the cafe from some of my coffee shop buddies)

Aunt Ginny is not doing very well and it is two weeks before she goes to the doctor for her knee.  Last Friday she went to the local doctor and got some pain medicine, but on Saturday it made her sick.  She called me about 5 pm and asked me to come over.  Pat and I went over and stayed about two and one half hours.  She improved, but Pat and I came home and eat and Pat returned and spent the night.  She was a little better Sunday, but she is in a lot of  pain today.  She said she planned to go back to local doctor tomorrow and get some more pain medicine and hopefully get her appointment for the knee doctor move up.

No comments: