Monday, October 22, 2012

MONDAY OCTOBER 22, 2012
7:50 AM

Today is my birthday.  This is the first time I have not celebrated with my mother.  I was born on her birthday.  She died in January of this year.

Amy came to Iuka this weekend and as usual she had to leave early to do a job for one of the funeral homes she does contract work for.  It was good to have her visit for my birthday. 

Pat and I met some old friends of ours for supper on Saturday night.    They live in Southhaven.  We me at a cafe about half way for both of us.  We had a good fish supper and had a long visit.  We plan to do it again next month.  We plan to meet in Tupelo.  I look forward to our meal and visit.

When Pat and I got home on Saturday night Amy had displayed on the carport the gift she and Pat had bought for my birthday.  It is a large metal Mississippi State sign.  I was surprised and pleased with the gift.  Pat also gave me a card that plays Who Let the Dawgs Out.  Cute--------

Pat and I are going to a funeral this morning.  A friend of ours passed away on Friday.  We know him from church and we are also members of the car club with him.  He was a retired school administrator.  He served the Iuka district and when he retired several years ago he went  to Hazen Arkansas and served for five years in administration.  He was a very good friend. 

Pat and I will go to Memphis for an appointment with her heart doctor.  On Wednesday we go to Tupelo for an appointment I have with my doctor.

No comments: