Wednesday, October 31, 2012

OCTOBER 31, 2012
9:00 PM

We did not have any trick or treats tonight.  Last year we had one.  We used to have several hundred in Wynne until we started leaving town on Halloween night.  Several years we had over 400 kids.

It has gotten cooler here.  We have had some frost for the past several mornings.  We have not had a killing frost yet,  the grass is still green.  I have picked up the leaves several times over the past few days.  It is easier to stay up with them falling rather than deal with all of them at one time.

On Monday I cut the new quarter round to go around the new kitchen cabinets.  I also stained it and put the finish on the quarter round.  On Tuesday morning I installed it around the new cabinets. 

Yesterday I also built a patio.  Last week  Pat and I bought some concrete stones to build the patio  If is about seven feet by twelve feet.  It looks good.  We still plan to build a deck on the back of the house but that will be some time in the future.

Pat and I went to the tri-cities on Friday night.  Tommy's daughter was in a senor play at her school.  That was the first time I had been to a high school play in years.  We went over to Tommy's house on Saturday night for supper and watch the Miss State and Alabama football game.  We enjoyed the food, but the game was a bummer for State fans.

I will be going to the hospital in Tupelo tomorrow for another test.  I will go back to the doctor next week and he will discuss my options based on the results of the test.  I am not looking forward to the test, but I am ready to find out about my condition and how it will be treated or if no treatment is necessary at this time.

No comments: