Monday, January 14, 2008

January 14, 2008

I attended the Arkansas Municipal League winter meeting last week in Little Rock. We had a very productive conference. I make some new friends and enjoyed visiting with my friends that I have make over the years.

The two most interesting meetings were the a represenative of DF&A and the Lt. Governor. The DF&A represenative discussed the streamlined sales tax and how it will impact government. There were a lot of questions, but most of them were directed at the speaker. He was only there to explain the law. He did not make the law.

Lt. Governor made a presentation about his proposed constutional amendment to the constitution. There were a lot of questions reguarding his proposal. After his presentation, most of the people I talked with seemed to be in favor of the change.

Since Amy has been involved in the funeral business, I have been buying model hearses and giving them to her. Last week I carried her two more for her collection. The two that I carried her were the same except for the scale. One was a 1/18th scale and one was a 1/32nd scale.

I also gave her the cowbell that I purchsed at the Liberty Bowl last year. She had ask me to get her a cowbell some time before the game. I did not carry my bell to the game, so I purchased one at the game to use and then give it to her.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I didn't know what the scale was. I just said 18" when I described the larger model; and "smaller" for the smaller model. Makes sense!