Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 9, 2008

We had a very interesting city council meeting last night. We also accomplished a number of important items.

The city council accepted bids to buy carts to be used in our sanitation department. I look forward to having the cart system in place for the residents of the city. I think that the residents will enjoy the new system once it is in place and our employees work out problems that come with changing to a new system

The city council again discussed billboards in the city. The end result of the discussion this month and last month is no action has been taken to deal with what some residents feel is a problem. I again last night encouraged the city council members to form a small committee and meet with the city atorney and come up with an solution. They have shown no interest in doing this. I do not have a position on this subject. I plan to stay netural on this subject, but the city will enforce actions that the city council approves.

Today and for the next three days I will be in Little Rock attending the AML winter conference. I look forward to visiting with my friends from around the state and attending the meetings that have been planned.

Yesterday Amy had to come to Wynne to make a removal for her funeral home. She stopped by the city hall to give me my Christmas gift. She was not able to present it to me during Christmas because her supplier had some family sickness and could not complete my gift in time. She presented me with two large yard signs---A MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOG and AN ARKANSAS RAZORBACK. I look forward to displaying them in my yard to show my support for my favorite sports teams.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, at least HALF of the yard signs are acceptable! Haha

-Jenni