Thursday, January 24, 2008

January 24, 2008
12:55 pm

Today has been in interesting day in the cemetery business. I had to go early to the cemetery this morning to meet the gravedigger. We had a small problem with the location of a grave to be dug today. I met the gravedigger at sunrise in the cemetery and explained the problem to him. He was able to work around the problem.

I wanted the family to be aware of the location of the grave dug today in relation to the location of the monuments next to the grave. It appears that a monument has been set in the wrong location. It needs to be moved about three feet. I wanted to inform the family of this fact.

I arrived at the cemetery about thirty minutes before the scheduled service. The funeral home was there and I made contact with the funeral director. I ask him if he would have any contact with the family members and he said that he would. I told him of the problem and ask if he would tell the family members. He said the he would inform the family. Then he ask me if I would help them unload the casket and take it to the grave. He said that the family was not going to have the service at the original time. I told him that would help.

When Theda came back from lunch she said that a family member had called her and she expained the situtation with the graves and monument. Just another day in the cemetery business.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Never know what will happen! Interesting!