Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10, 2008
9:45 AM

The new dog pound for the dogs the city catches is well under way. The fence company was here last Friday and set the post for the cages. The city crews poured one half of the concrete yesterday and are pouring the rest today. The only concrete left to pour is the bottom of the drain in the center of the compound.

The plumbing has been stubbed in and they will complete their work in a few days. The fence company will return some time in the near future. I talked with the paint department at Caldwell Lumber yesterday about sealer for the floor. She told me that it had to be a special kind because of what will be spread on the floor. She told me that she will call when she has the information. Last Friday I ordered the cover for the pound. It should be here in about three weeks.

The work is continuing well on N. Killough. Gene and George are pleased with the contractor and the work he is doing. I look forward to using the improvement on this street.

Tonight is the regular city council meeting. We have a very short agenda. We only have one item, the report from VDCI. I do not remember, in my years of city government, having an agenda with only one item.

I have been car shopping for Amy. She plans to come to Wynne tomorrow and make her final decision. I think that we will probably buy a 2008 Grand Prix. The one we are looking at is a Bull Motor Company. It is red with a dark interior. It has 8,000 miles on the car. It has been a rental car that Bull purchased. Pat and I are going to make the payment for Amy.

No comments: