Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday June 23, 2008
9:55 AM

I attended the AML conference in Hot Springs last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The conference was well attended and the program was very good. I enjoyed visiting with my friends from around the state and the vendors who had displays.

I met Greg Tarbutton. He is an engineer with a firm in another state. They do some work in Arkansas and they were there to try to make contacts with possible customers. It was good to visit with Greg. He told me that he had been reading my blog. Who would have ever thought that someone from another state would be reading my blog?

I visited with the Killough road contractor last Saturday. He said that they planned to place the sod today and complete the overlay on Tuesday. I also talked with Mr. Burns last night at church and he thinks that they will be through with the job by Wed. I am looking forward to having the street open again. It is a much needed improvements to that section of street.

This morning I helped with WBC VBS. I drove the church van and picked up some children who are attending VBS. I will drive it again during the noon hour at the end of the VBS day. They have drivers for the rest of the week. I was glad that I was able to be able to help with VBS in a very small way.

I picked up some booklets that explain the duties of a mayor and an alderman during the conference in Hot Springs. I sent them with a letter from me to Terri and Ronnie who will serve on the council beginning in January of 2009. I hope that they become aware of the duties that I have and the duties that they have as an alderman. I have done this in the past with the new alderman and the booklet has been very helpful to the new alderman.

No comments: