Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday June 16, 2008
11:30 AM

Amy came to Wynne last Wednesday and she drove the 2008 Pontiac and the 2008 Chevrolet. She said that she wanted the Grand Prix. I ask her if she wanted to drive the Toyota. She said that she did not and she wanted the Grand Prix. We bought it. It has a feature that she says that she will really enjoy---a remote start. I think that she will enjoy this feature.

The fence company has completed the fence on the new dog pound. They made a mistake on the placement of the gate into the pound. They placed it on the wrong end of the complex. I have called West Memphis Fence and they will make the change as soon as possible. They think that they will move the gate on Tuesday.

The plumber is almost through with his work. He needs to cut off two of the drain pipes and install a cover for the clean out on the drain. They will probably complete this today.

I have contacted Caldwell Lumber Company about sealer for the floor of the pound. When they get the information the city will purchase the sealer and install it before we begin using the pound.

The cover for the pound has been ordered. If we complete the sealing process before the cover arrives we will purchase some tarps to cover the pens until the cover arrives.

I talked with the animal control officer last week and he has purchased the water and food pans for the dogs. He has also purchased the dog houses that will be placed in the pens for the dogs. He has also purchased water hoses and a new pressure washer to aid in the cleaning of the pens.

This morning I performed a marriage for a young couple. All they wanted to do was get legally married. I performed the ceremony in a very short amount of time. They had rings, but they did not want a ring ceremony. All in a day of the life of a mayor.

Pat and I went to West Memphis to have lunch with Amy for Father's Day. We enjoyed our visit Amy and had an excellent lunch . Amy gave me a T-shirt for father's day. On the back of the shirt she had attached the following: PROUD PARENT OF A MORTICIAN. I will wear it with a great deal of pride in my daughter and her chosen profession. I am proud of her. I also gave her a small what I though was a hearse, but after talking to Amy and James at the funeral home, I understand that I gave her a Coach...

This week I will be attending the AML convention in Hot Springs. I look forward to seeing and visiting with my friend from around the state and attending the session held at the convention.

No comments: