Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday June 2, 2008
3:00 PM

I have just returned to the office from the dentist office. Saturday morning while drinking my coffee I felt a small hard object in my mouth. I removed it and it was a small piece of one of my teeth. I went to the dentist office the first thing this morning and made arrangements to see the dentist. He said that the tooth had a large filling and that he would suggest that the tooth be removed. I told him that he was the doctor and I would do what ever he thought was best. He then removed the tooth.

Work had started on the new dog holding area for the city. The city crews are going to pour the concrete and we will have outside companies do the rest of the work. Steve Stricklin will handle the plumbing. West Memphis Fence company will install the fence and a company out of memphis will place a roof over the cages. We should be able to use them in two to three weeks.

The expansion of North Killough has started. They actually started last monday but today is the first time much progress has been accomplished. The gas company had to move some of the gas lines and the contractor had to wait on them to begin much work.

This morning I was sitting in my truck at the bank working on some personal items when a friend of my tapped on the window. I rolled the window down and he ask me if I had had any complaints about N. Killough. I told him that I had not received a single piece of negative feedback.

I rolled the window back up and began my work again. A few seconds later I heard a peck on my window and I rolled the window down. A woman was standing there and she informed me that she was unhappy with the way we were making improvements to N. Killough. She told me that she wanted curbs and pipes underground for the water. I told her that is was simply money that was available for the project and that the city council had chosen to make the improvements that were underway. She said that the city had plenty of money. I ask her to come to the city hall and I would show her the amount of money that the city has to complete this project and other projects in the city as well as run the city on a daily basis. She said she was not interested in looking at the financial statements of the city.

She told me that we were going to use the money to build a new city hall. I told her that we had no plans to build a new city hall with the funds that we now have to operate the city. She walked off in an angry manner.

No comments: