Friday, March 6, 2009

FRIDAY MARCH 6, 2009
1:10 PM

I have been busy for the last couple of weeks and I have not taken the time to write on my blog.

Today is Pat's birthday. She is celebrating her 39th again. Happy birthday honey.

The city council will meet next week for the March meeting. There will probably be some interesting discussions. Three council members have asked to be on the agenda and discuss class three trash again. We have talked about class three trash several time over the last 9 months and have voted on the issue on two occasions. I have no idea about what will happen on Tuesday night. I had thought that the issue had been settled.

We also have three citizens who have asked to appear before the council. They want to discuss a problem they have with the dogs of one of their neighbors.

I have made a plea for some of the stimulus money for a drainage project in Wynne. The project is shovel ready. I will attend a meeting in Forrest City on Monday to compile the final draft of our proposal. We are making the application through the East Arkansas Enterprise Community. I certainly hope we will see positive results. The city and the EAEC have been working to get this project funded for about 15 years. The EAEC met last week with the governor and I have written him a letter requesting this project be included.

Pat will have surgery on her other eye next Wednesday. She has had very positive results from the surgery on her other eye. I hope and pray that this one will also be successful.

I talked with Amy on Monday morning. She was on duty Sunday. She went to work at 8:00 AM on Sunday morning and got to leave the funeral home about 7:00 AM on Monday. She went home and had coffee and freshened up and returned to work. Her supervisor told her about 10:00 to take the day off. She gladly did and went home and went to bed. With hours like that and other stresses of her job she told me that she really enjoyed her profession. I am so glad that she has a profession that she loves. I used to preach to my students that they need to have a job that they enjoyed. I think that it would be terrible situation to have to go to a job that you did not enjoy. I have enjoyed both of my jobs during my adult life. I had an excellent career as a teacher and I have enjoyed serving as mayor of Wynne.

No comments: