Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TUESDAY MARCH 31, 2009
10:52 AM

I have spent most of the last three days in the bed. I have been running a fever and felt really bad. I have been taking some medicine and today I feel much better.

The situation with the garbage trucks has not improved. Friday the commercial truck had to be towed to the shop. Yesterday after making the route, the mechanic had to come from Jonesboro to work on it again. The mechanic told me that he would keep coming to Wynne until they get it working correct.

I also talked with the salesman and he said that he was ready to deliver the new truck early. I told him to get me the numbers and I would make a decision. I have not heard from him. It the terms a OK I will probably take delivery of the new truck.

I talked with a representative from the Arkansas Municipal League this morning. They plan to write a story about me for an upcoming issue of the magazine. They plan to highlight my appearance on the local radio station after each city council meeting. They also plan to discuss my blog. They will be in Wynne on Thursday to complete the interview. They will also go to the local radio station and make some pictures for the article.

Theda told me this morning the the Jessie Wynne Park project was complete and we had received the final bill. I hope the the community enjoys and uses this park. I think that it really looks good.

2 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

The park does look great! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Danny Futrell dropped by today and said there was a great crowd at Revival last night.

See ya!

Pat said...

Aren't you the celebrity! How nice of them to interview and do a story on you! Hope you haven't overdone it today!