Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TUESDAY MAY 26, 2009
1:06 PM

Pat and I spent the holiday weekend with Amy. Pat and Amy did very little work. They did some but not very much. They just enjoyed the time together.

I spent a good deal of time working on some small jobs that needed to be taken care of around Amy's home. I told her that I had done about all I could do. I think that I have completed most of the projects that needed some attention. I told her that we would probably not visit as often, because I had no projects to work on.

She is supposed to get her car back today from the body shop. She is ready to get her car. She is thankful to have a car to drive, but the underpowered small SUV it not what she would choose to drive.

The truck dealer in Jonesboro repaired the garbage truck on Friday afternoon. The men worked on Saturday morning to complete the Friday route. The truck worked fine. They have a busy day today. They have to pickup two wards and the normal Tuesday route is the largest day of the week for residential garbage. They will work today as long as they can do the work safely. They will have another long day tomorrow. They will have to finish the Tuesday route and then pick up the Wednesday route.

I have been bidding on a truck on ebay. The auction closed this morning and I did not win. I was the high bidder with 10 minutes left in the auction. I had a chance to bid again, but I chose not to increase the amount that was bid with 10 minutes left in the auction. Sometimes I think that it is more fun to search for trucks than to actually own and work on them. No that is not true, I am still looking. Some time I will find the one that I want and will have to go to work making repairs.

No comments: