Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WEDNESDAY MAY 6, 2009
3:01 PM

This week has been an easy week so far as far as my work for the city. I did get the cemetery mowed this week. It had been needed for several days, but the weather prevented the contractor from working. He completed it yesterday between the rain.

I went home a few minutes early yesterday. I mowed my yard. It needed it. I have not been able to cut the grass because of the rain. On Saturday and Sunday my rain gage recorded three inches of rain. It rained again last night and at noon there was an inch and one half in the gage. I knew that we received a good deal of rain, it woke me up several time last night.

We have, as of now, a very short agenda for next weeks city council meeting. I will not know for sure until later in the week when we mail out the agenda to the council members.

Amy came to Wynne on Monday afternoon. She had an appointment with her doctor. The checkup was great. Pat and I took her out to eat and we had a good visit after the meal. She is still looking for a job. I hope and pray that she will be successful in her job search and I hope that she finds a job soon.

No comments: