Monday, September 21, 2009

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 21, 2009
4:00 PM

Pat and I made a quick trip to Memphis today to see her doctor. He said that her bones had completely healed and that she could return to work next Monday. She was glad to be well, but she was not excited about going back to work.

About ten o'clock this morning Jerry came my office and said that the residential garbage truck would not run. He had called the dealer and a mechanic was on his way. When I returned after lunch I went to the sanitation department and inquired about the truck. He told me that the dealer got the truck going after about three hours and it worked fine. Then the controls for the dumping of the cans had stopped. He had called the dealer and a mechanic was on his way. He went outside and started the truck and everything was working fine. On my way to city hall I met the mechanic.

We had a pretty good weekend. The forecast had been for rain on both days. We missed it both days. My yard needed to be cut so I did that Saturday morning and mostly watched football the rest of the time.

No comments: