Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
10:45 AM

The Wynne City Council meets tonight for their regular monthly meeting. I will report the actions taken tomorrow on this blog.

Amy and I went to Mississippi State for a football game on Saturday. It was a very long day, but State won the game and Amy and I had a good time.

Friday night two of my good friends were killed in an auto accident. Eldon Wadell and Sharron Forrester both lost their life in an accident late Friday afternoon. They were on their way to the WHS football game in Marion.

I went to Mr. Wadell's service yesterday morning and I went to the visitation for Mrs. Forrester last night. I would like to go to her service, but the service is today at 5:00 PM and I think that it might cut it to close to making the city council meeting tonight. I did get a chance to express my condolences to the family last night.

Amy went home on Sunday afternoon. Pat and I went over to her home and Pat is going to stay this week with her as she adjust to being at home after a three week absence. It has been good to have her home helping with Pat.

She started a new job yesterday. She actually did not work any yesterday because there was no work for her to complete at the funeral home. She did go in today. They had some work that she will complete. I hope that everything goes well and she has a good experience working at this funeral home. She really enjoys working at a funeral home.

The new residential garbage truck is working well. The driver is getting quicker with everyday work dumping the cans and getting used to new routes. The city picked up residential trash yesterday, but a large number of residents did not have their carts out. A large number of citizens have the cans out today, but they will not be dumped until next Monday.

The city informed the citizens on the local radio station and in the local newspaper. We also informed the citizens on our new website. It is apparent that some citizens do not follow any of the above. Those are the only options that the city can use to inform the citizens.

Our new knuckle boom truck is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. The new system using two trucks is working well. The city has been able to stay up with the class three trash being placed on the curb for removal.

No comments: