Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2009
5:45 PM

We have had a lot of rain over past day. I emptied my rain gage last night about 6:30 pm. I checked it today during the noon hour and it had 4 inches of rain in the gage. I have not checked it since noon, but it has rained quite a bit this afternoon. A few minutes ago on the weather on a Little Rock TV station the prediction is that we would have rain for the next four days.

I drove around Wynne early this morning and there were many full ditches around the city. The street crews were out working on removing the items that were slowing down the flow of water out of Wynne. A few hours later the ditches were flowing good and there was no flooding.

Our new residential garbage truck has had some problems over the past two days. A mechanic came from Little Rock yesterday and he though the he had the problem fixed. He did not. He came back to Wynne today and made some more repairs on the truck. The truck has worked fine this afternoon. Hopefully the truck will operate without any more problems.

Last week I was searching for some information on the official state of Arkansas web site. When I connected to the web site I was surprised to see a very familiar face. My own face. The picture on the web site is actually one of six pictures and they change every few seconds. The picture of me is one with the governor and other local officials at the ground breaking for the Delta Regional Airport in Colt.

I was telling this story to a friend of mine and he stopped me and said I know what you are going to tell to me. He said that his wife had discovered the same picture while looking at the web site last week.

No comments: