Saturday, November 21, 2009

NOVEMBER 21, 2009
6:15 AM

I am going to go to Little Rock this morning to attend the Mississippi State and Arkansas football game. I look forward to the game. The down side is that it is supposed to be raining. I am not looking forward to the rain, but I am glad that I will get to see my bulldogs play and not have to make a long trip.

I am taking an old friend of mine with me to the game. I have invited E. T. Daniels to go to the game with me. When I asked him yesterday, he was excited and said that he would love to go to the game with me. He asked me if I had and extra Mississippi State cap. I told him that I did, but since he is a razorback fan he should wear his Arkansas cap. We will be sitting with the fans from Mississippi State. I bought my tickets through Mississippi State, so we will be sitting in the section of seats that were made available for Mississippi State. I have attended every game between Mississippi State and Arkansas since Arkansas got in the SEC a number of years ago. It still seems strange to be in the stands in Arkansas and cheering for another team. I am a Mississippi State and an Arkansas fan, but for this game I am totally a Mississippi State fan.

On Tuesday of this week I attended a ribbon cutting and ground breaking ceremony in West Memphis. The ribbon cutting was for the new Workforce center and the ground breaking was for a new building that will work on developing fuel from a number of products. That work is a program that will involve five community colleges in east Arkansas. I attended these ceremonies because I am on the elected officials board of Workforce in eastern Arkansas.

On Thursday I traveled to North Little Rock to attend the Executive Committee meeting for the Arkansas Municipal League. We had a very productive meeting taking care of the business of the league. It was also good to visit with my friends from around the state.

Thursday night I attended the Crossroads Coalition banquet in Wynne. The program was very good and there was an excellent attendance. This group does very good work for the eastern Arkansas area.

No comments: