Sunday, November 1, 2009

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 1, 2009
4:45 PM

NEWS FLASH----------- IT HAS NOT RAINED IN WYNNE FOR TWO DAYS--------TWO DAYS OF SUNSHINE

Pat and I went to Jonesboro last night. We ate and Pat did a little shopping. This is an annual trip for us. We do this on Halloween night to not be at home for the trick or treat children. We started doing this a few years ago. We feel like that we were good citizens for a number of years and stayed home and passed out candy. Several of those years we had over 400 children visit our home.

I have two important meeting tomorrow. I will meet with the budget committee in the morning at 10:00 AM and present my proposed budget. The committee and I will discuss the various budgets and they will made a recommendation on the budget to the full city council at the November meeting. The council will have a month to study the budgets and ask questions. They will vote on the budgets in the December council meeting.

Tomorrow afternoon I will meet with the committee looking at the placement of stop signs in the city. I expect them to make a recommendation to the full council at the November meeting. I plan to ask them to adopt the regulations and then the street department will have in place the rules the council chooses. This will save some confusion about the placement of stop signs in the city.

Pat, Oscar, and I made a trip to VCSP this afternoon. Oscar enjoyed walking in the woods and Pat made about one hundred pictures. The fall foliage was beautiful.

Mississippi State had an away game last night, which they won. I listened to the final half on our way back from Jonesboro last night. State has an open date next week. They then play Alabama and in two weeks play Arkansas in Little and the final home game is against Ole Miss in Starkville .

No comments: