Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TUESDAY MARCH 30, 2010
6:20 AM

Jerry and I went to Benton yesterday to pickup a truck that the city had bought from a dealer in Benton. I liked the pickup except for none thing. The seat was very hard. The city purchased the truck from the state bid.

On the way we stopped in Sherwood to check on a recall for one of our garbage trucks. We had a good visit with the owner of the company that supplied the truck body. It turns out that our truck will have to have the repairs made. The company will contact the city when they receive the parts to repair the body.

On Friday of this week I will be going to Wynne High School to speak to some resource classes. The instructor told me that I would speak to a different group every twenty minutes from 8:30 to 11:00. It is always interesting to answer questions from young people about city government. I look forward to meeting with the students. (Remember I spent 30 and 1/2 years with high school students.)

No comments: