Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WEDNESDAY MARCH 3, 2010
6:00 PM

I spent most of the day in North Little Rock attending a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Arkansas Municipal League. We had a very good meeting and held some important discussion about problems and solutions for those problems. I have enjoyed my service on this committee. I have gained important information about the problems that affect city government in Arkansas. I have been able to have input in the discussions and have had to make some difficult votes on several issues over the years. I have also enjoyed the friends I have made from around the state that I have served with on this committee.

A few weeks ago I wrote about on of my mayor friends who had lost a son. The man responsible for that death was charged with murder. Today I talked with my friend and ask him if he knew the motive for the killing of his son. He told me that the person charged in his sons death planned to kill three people on the night his son was killed. He also killed a woman on the night of my friends son death. He did not kill three, he was stopped before he had another opportunity to kill again. My friend said that his son just happened to be in the path of this killer. No connection with the killer.

No comments: