Sunday, April 11, 2010

SUNDAY APRIL 11, 2010
2:30 PM

The Wynne City Council will meet for the regular monthly meeting on Tuesday night. The most interesting item to me will be the action they take on taking over the Wynne Water Utilities. A committee has had the task of making a recommendation since October of last year. I have no idea of the direction they will choose on this item. One of the alderman told me that he was going to call for a vote on this issue. He told me that it was time to make a decision one way or another. I agree it is time to make a decision.

I will make a report on the bid opening for a new bridge on MLK. The bids came in higher that we had budgeted for this bridge. I think that we have the money to take to low bid, but I do not know if the council will choose to spend the extra money over the budgeted amount.

I am also going to ask the council to allow the street department to build a building for storage at the city shop. We can build the building for about $12,000.00. I did not put this item in the budget that was passed in December. I was not aware that our present storage building were in as bad a shape as they are.

The resident that was turned down last month for placement of a mobile home in R-2 will be back asking the council to change their decision. After hearing the discussion at the March meeting, I do not think that they will change their mind.

I have a very busy week scheduled next week. I have several meeting to attend in addition to the normal activities of serving a Mayor.

We have been making some changes in our break room for the past several months. Last week all of the work was completed. I am very pleased with the way the room turned out. We also replaced the carpet in three police department offices with tile. That work was also completed last week.

I talked with Amy yesterday. She has had a very busy week doing work for three funeral homes in Memphis. I wish she could get a full time position, but I am pleased that she has been able to stay pretty busy working part time.

No comments: