Friday, July 16, 2010

FRIDAY JULY 16, 2010
10:05 AM


Last Sunday I made a quick trip by Wal-Mart to pick up a can of spray paint. I entered through the door at the tire and lube department. When I was walking through the waiting area I saw one of my former students. We exchanged greetings and then gave each other a big hug.

She then told me that she was glad that I had been a part of her life. She told me that when she was in high school and got pregnant. She told me that because of my advice to her she continued her high school education. She said that she had planned to quit school and that because of me she stayed in school and graduated.

She told me that she in now in the last year of college. She is in the RN program. She told me that her high school education and her attending college was a direct result of my advice for her. She said that she was very thankful that I was an important part of her life.

ONE OF THE MANY REASONS I ENJOYED BEING A TEACHER

1 comment:

Pat said...

This is such a great reward for all your teaching years - this and others who've been influenced by you!