Monday, July 5, 2010

MONDAY JULY 5, 2010
6:50 PM

It has been a quiet fourth of July weekend for me. Saturday I did my yard work and worked on my old truck for a short time.

Amy came over Saturday afternoon. She had planned to come earlier in the day, but she had a job at one of the funeral homes in Memphis. Pat cooked a meal of fresh garden vegetables. She went to the farmers market Saturday morning. Amy really enjoyed the meal.

Pat and I went to Church and Sunday School Sunday morning. When we got home about eleven I started the grill for hamburgers. About the time I got the fire going Amy got a call from a funeral home in Memphis. As soon as we ate Amy returned to Memphis to take care of the body for the funeral home. She has to work when she can. She made the comment that death takes no holiday.

She called this morning and she had two bodies to prepare. She later called and said that the funeral home had another body. She prepared three bodies today. Tomorrow and Wednesday she will operate the cremation business. The owner had a death in his family. She thinks that she will get to answer the phone for the funeral home the latter part of the week. Any job is money and she need every penny she can earn.

I spent most of the day working on my old truck. It was sure nice to have an air conditioner in the garage to keep me cool as I worked.

Pat and I are going to Memphis on Wednesday afternoon. She has some test scheduled for Thursday morning. We will return to Wynne on Thursday afternoon.

No comments: