Thursday, July 29, 2010

THURSDAY JULY 29, 2010
6:55 PM

I attended the annual meeting of the board of directors of the East Arkansas Planning and Development District today. We had a very good meeting and a super lunch. The meal was provided my Mel's of Harrisburg. We had a steak and the trimmings.

One of the items of business was the election of officers for the next year. I was elected as the 2nd vice president. I have served in all of the officers of this group. I was even president for two years. I will probably move up and in two years be president again. This is the way the system usually goes.

Amy has had trouble with her remote lock for her car. Both of them have failed and cannot be repaired. I stopped by Bull Motor Company today and ordered a replacement. I called her and told her the news. I told her that it could be an early birthday gift. (It was cheaper in Wynne than a dealer in Memphis, about $50.00.)

No comments: