Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2010
6:35 PM

I spent the entire day in Little Rock yesterday. The city was involved in a lawsuit. The lawsuit has been going on for about two years. The city council and I went to a settlement conference at the federal courthouse in Little Rock yesterday. The conference was successful. The city and the other three parties agreed on a settlement. This resolution is much better and cheaper than going to a trial. I think all parties felt good about the settlement reached yesterday.

I was very busy today taking care of city business. I did not have any major decisions, but I was busy all day.

In June of this year the city purchased new phones for the city hall complex. We also purchased voice mail and caller ID for the phones. As of today we have no voicemail, no caller ID. We did get the new phones about six weeks after the order was placed. We purchased these items from AT&T. They have been working to get our other services operable but as of today they have not been successful.

No comments: