Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
7:30 PM

I spent most of the morning in Birdeye. I attended the groundbreaking ceremony for the new veterans cemetery. The event was very well attended by local citizens. The main speaker was the governor of Arkansas.

Later I went to a lunch at the home of Martin Smith. He was involved in the design of the cemetery. The lunch was by invitation only.

I then attended a meeting with several people about Town Creek. There is still hope that this project will be funded and built. I have been working on this project during my entire term a mayor.

Our phone system at the city has not been repaired and upgraded yet. This process started in June. There was a technician from Little Rock who spent the day in Wynne working on the system. He left about four this afternoon and told us that the system should be fully operational tomorrow. We have heard this before from other phone company employees.

No comments: