Friday, October 10, 2008

FRIDAY OCTOBER 10, 2008
8:20 AM

Yesterday the city held a reception for retiring police chief Mike Bachand. The drop in was held at the city hall from two to four pm.

The reception went very well and was attended by a large number of his friends and co-workers. The police department presented him with a new gun as a retirement gift.

I appreciate the work Mike has done for the City of Wynne during his nine years as chief. He has made many improvements in the police department. I am going to miss working with him. I also feel good about the new chief. Jeff Sanders will do a good job for me and the citizens of Wynne.

The city street department has completed the demolition work at Jessie Wynne Park. Martin Smith stopped by yesterday and he said that he would issue the contract next week and give the notice to proceed with the work. The work should be completed by the middle of December. I think that the citizens of Wynne will be pleased with the improvements at the park.

I visited with Jerry yesterday and he said that the new system of removing commercial garbage has been going well. Because of these changes I do not plan to ask for a rate increase in the rates charged our commercial customers.

Theda, Barbara and Carol did an excellent job in planning and hosting the reception for Mike. I told all of them that I appreciate the work that they did to have what I think was a very successful reception.

No comments: