Monday, October 13, 2008

MONDAY OCTOBER 14, 2008
8:30 AM

Jerry and I went to Little Rock on Friday to pick up a filter for the commercial garbage truck. We had planned to go to Searcy and pick up our chipper. Early Friday morning the driver noticed that the light was on for the hydraulic system that said the filter was stopped up. Jerry called the supplier and mechanic and they said that they had a filter and the light indicated that it should be changed. So we made the trip and picked up the filter in Little Rock and the chipper in Searcy. A lot of driving, but necessary. I went because Jerry was short handed on Friday and I had told him that I would be able to go with him to pick up the chipper.

Late Friday afternoon I had to spend about an hour at the cemetery. A local resident was interested in two lots. She wanted them in a certain location. At that location there are not any lots. I told her that we would give her a list of the people who own those lots and she could contact them, they might sell her two lots. If that does not work out, I showed her the location of where we have lots available for sale. She chose a site and if she cannot purchase lots from people near her first choice, she plans to purchase lots from the cemetery.

Pat and I went to West Memphis for lunch on Saturday. We met Amy and the Dexter clan. We had a very good time eating and visiting with each other and the Dexters. It was good to see and visit with everyone.

After church yesterday Pat an I went to Mike and Donna's wedding. The wedding was a private ceremony held at the Catholic Church. It was attended by family members and a few close friends of Mike. After the wedding the group went to JB'S for a steak dinner. Pat and I sat with some friends of Mike from Massachusetts. Mike was the best man at their wedding thirty five years ago. They have kept up with each other through the years. We had a very good time visiting with them over lunch.

Jeff became chief on Friday at 5:00 pm. I have had a number of positive comments about my selection of him. I think that he will do an good job and I look forward to working with him in his new position.

No comments: