Friday, October 3, 2008

FRIDAY OCTOBER 3 , 2008
12:52 PM

I have made a decision about who will be the new chief of police. I will announce that decision on Monday October 6, 2008. I have written all of the men who applied for the position and thanked them for their interest in the position. After reviewing the resumes that were submitted and the interviews, I am confident that I have chosen the best man to lead the Wynne Police Department.

The street department started demolition of Jessie Wynne Park this morning. I visited the site for a few minutes this morning and it brought back memories of going to church on that site. When I moved to Wynne in June of 1968 that was the location of Wynne Baptist Church. I have good memories of attending church at that location. Not long after I moved to Wynne the Wynne Baptist Church started the process of moving to a new location in a new building. I still attend the Wynne Baptist Church. There have been several additions and several remodeling projects over the years.

After reviewing the cost of garbage and the changes that have been implemented, I think that we will be able to operate the commercial and residential pickups and not have to increase the cost. This is made possible by the council members choosing to operate the class three removal on a pay as used system and not charging ever household for that service. The savings are possible on the commercial side because we have eliminated the use of the fork truck. We have assigned the driver of that truck to the chipper. The city now chips limbs rather than taking them to the landfill. This change will also reduce the cost to the residents for this removal service.

This morning Joe with the local newspaper called and asked me for a favor. He asked me to proclaim October 4, 2008 as Jenna Cronin Day in Wynne. Jenna is his girlfriend. I told him that I would be happy to do that for him. He picked up the proclamation this morning. He said that Jenna would be proud of that proclamation. I was glad to do that for Joe. He is a very good guy and is doing a good job for the local newspaper, even though he is an LSU fan.

No comments: