Friday, October 16, 2009

FRIDAY OCTOBER 16, 2009
3:10 PM

I will probably be a little lost this weekend. I will not be going to a MSU football game. The team plays on the road this Saturday. I am kinda looking forward to a free Saturday. I will probably watch some games on TV.

I will attend three more games in Starkville and one in Little Rock. State has three more home games. They play Florida, Alabama and Ole Miss at home and play Arkansas in Little Rock. The team does not have a very good record, but I have really enjoyed my trips and the games this year. I have seen some really good teams play.

Theda and I have finished the budgets for next year. I have scheduled a meeting with the budget committee for November the 2nd. They will have a week to review the budgets and make a recommendation to the city council meeting in November. I will present the budgets to the full council at the November meeting and they will have one month to review and ask questions. They will then adopt the budgets (2010) at the December meeting.

It has not rained today. Seems odd not to have rain. We have had rain all but about three days so far this month. The temperature has dropped a lot since yesterday.


The city has developed a problem in one section of the city about the placement of a stop sign. As far back as I am aware decisions about traffic signs was made by the public works director and that system has worked well. Because of the fuss about the latest placement of a stop sign I have appointed a committee to develop a sign placement regulations. I anticipate taking their recommendation to the full council at the November meeting and have them adopt a written policy for the placement of stop signs.

No comments: