Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday OCTOBER 8, 2009
5:30 AM

Yesterday I was able to help two old friends get together.

I received a letter at the city hall on Monday of this week. The letter was a request to help locate a woman who lived in Wynne. I did not read the letter a close as I should. I missed an important piece of information. I contacted several people I though might know the individual that was mentioned in the letter. I could not find anyone who knew the individual. The individuals in the letter had not had contact for more than forty years.

I emailed the couple making the request for information about an individual they thought lived in Wynne. I explained that I had not had any luck locating the individual they were looking for. I told them that I would continue to search and if I made any progress I would contact them.

After I sent the email I reread the letter, but this time I looked at the location of the couple requesting the information. I immediately recognized the situation and I knew the individual they were looking for. I made contact with the woman they were looking for and she made arrangements to come by the city hall and pick up the letter.

I emailed the couple and told them that I had contacted the lady they were looking for and that she was going to pick up the letter and make contact with them. When I got home yesterday afternoon I checked my email and I had received an email from the couple. They thanked me for my work on their request and told me that they had been contacted by the lady they were looking for. They had been catching up on more that forty years of not having contact.

By the way---The letter making the request was from England. If I had noticed that in the beginning I could have aided the couple sooner. The couple had last had contact with the woman in Wynne in 1961.

I am glad that I was able to bring them back together.

1 comment:

Pat said...

This is so cool!