Thursday, October 22, 2009

THURSDAY OCTOBER 22, 2009
7:45 PM

I made a trip to Iuka today to visit my mother on her 91st birthday. I did not tell her that I planned to visit. She was glad to see me. I stayed about three hours. We had a very good visit.

A few weeks ago mother asked me if I would like to have daddy's tool box and tools. I told her that I would like to have them. I got them today and brought them home. They are hand woodworking tools that daddy used when I was in junior and senior high school. During that time daddy worked some as a construction carpenter when he had to have a job. He never liked the job because he had to leave home to work in that trade. But, there were times he had to have a job and he would get his tools and make a construction job.

I do not know what is in the tool box. I do know that the tools are old and have not been used in about 50 years. I will go through the box in the next few days and find out what tools are in the box. I am sure that it will bring back some old memories.

No comments: