Saturday, June 26, 2010

SATURDAY JUNE 26, 2010
6:30 PM

I have been very busy today. I started on the yard early this morning. I cut the grass and did the trimming early. I later did a little trimming on some of the bushes in the yard. I then put out fertilizer on the yard. I have had it several weeks, but I had not taken the time until today to put it on the yard.

Pat and I put some trim on the new doors for the pantry in the kitchen. I then put a coat of paint on one side of the doors. I have just checked on them and they are not dry. I painted them with oil base paint and it takes a long time for it to completely dry. I will paint the other side tomorrow.

This afternoon Pat and I went to a reception for some friends of ours. They were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed visiting with the friends of the couple (Charles and Mary Frances Hamrick) who were at the reception.

After the reception Pat and I went to a wedding. In fact I performed the ceremony. I taught the young man who got married when I was at Wynne High School and I know several of his family members. They got married at a church and they had an impressive wedding. After the wedding we attended the reception and visited with the guest and the family members of the wedding party. (Jason and Crystal Andrews)

I wish that I had kept a list of the couples I have married, but that is water under the bridge. I have performed several over the past few years.

While I was at the anniversary reception I was approached by an individual was not happy with the condition of the cemetery. I have talked to this individual on several occasions and have tried to correct what she sees as a problem, but she is not happy with my efforts. In fact she and her husband went out to the cemetery and corrected the problem. A few minutes after I talked with this couple a lady from Wynne came up to me and told me that she was going to visit me and discuss some items that need attention. I encouraged her to come to my office and I would be happy to discuss the items with her. She then told me that she would like to thank me for the cemetery. She said that it was in very good shape and well taken care of. I thanked her and reminded her that that was one of the task I perform as Mayor. She was aware that I take care of the cemetery.

I tell you about the cemetery because these two people own lots at the cemetery that are about ten to twenty feet apart. Sometimes it is amazing how people look at the same thing and reach such different conclusions.

I guess that goes to show me that you cannot please everybody. Some are happy with your work and others think that it is not very good.

No comments: