Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TUESDAY MARCH 13, 2012
10:30 PM

I started building the walls on my new garage today.  The lumber company delivered the lumber this morning and the trusses were also delivered this morning.  I got one wall framed and started on the second one today.  I also made a quick trip to Corinth.  I wanted to check on the sizes of  the garage doors that I can purchase and I also need to know the rough opening to frame for the doors. 

The concrete contractor was here today.  They removed the old floor and prepared it to pour a new floor tomorrow.  The contractor told me a place I could purchase a few brick to complete the job.  The man who removed the brick did an excellent job. I was able to clean up about eighty five percent of the bricks.  The concrete contractor told me where I could purchase the brick I need to complete the job.  He also told me that he could get me in touch with a brick layer who would do this small job.

While I was in Corinth at the glass company I hired them to replace some of the window glass in some of our windows.  We have a few that have lost the gas that is between the two pains of glass.  This causes the glass to lose the insulating value and it also sweats.  We have parts of about four windows that will have to be repaired.

We are going to replace all of the floor covering in the house.  We are going to have tile installed in the family room/kitchen an bathrooms.  The bedrooms, living room and dining room will have a floating wood floor.  The floors have been ordered and should be installed in about three week.

These projects will complete most of the updates and repairs to the house.  There are some small projects we have to complete,  but they are much smaller and will not cost very much.

I will be working on my garage for the next several days.  I plan to frame the building and get the roof installed and the slow down and complete the building over the next few months.  I discussed with a contractor today the heating and cooling and the electrial today.  When the time comes I will  probable hire him to complete this part of the garage for me.

The weather is warming up and the grass is growing.  That means that I will be cutting grass on a regular basis.  I enjoy working in the yard, but my yard here is so much bigger that the yard I cut for almost 40 years in Wynne.

No comments: