Tuesday, March 6, 2012

TUESDAY MARCH 6, 2012
5:45 PM

I have not written in several weeks.  Everything is fine, I have just not taken the time to write.

On cold days I just stayed it the house and enjoyed doing nothing.  On the nice days I have been working in the yard.  The biggest project has been smoothing out the dirt where I had a new field line put in last year.  We have had a lot of rain, so it took several weeks to complete the job.

I had to spend some time taking care of, with the help of my brothers, taking care of the business that must be done when a family member dies.  I think everything is complete.  We are waiting on a monument for my father.  The company forgot to put some information the monument.  They should complete the work this week and set the monument.  We have already paid for the monument, so we have closed mother's accounts and settled the estate.

The contractor has poured the slab for my new garage.  Because of the rain and the temperature they did it as do a good job with the slab.  I have ordered the trusses and plan to purchase the material to frame the building this week.   I plan to get the building framed and a roof on and the take my time completing the job.  I look forward to doing the work and then getting to use the garage.

I have hired a man to repair my front porch.  Part of the process is take the brick off of about 20 feet of the front house wall.  I have a man doing that when he has the time.  He has completed about one third of the removal of the brick.  He was careful taking off the brick, so I spent most of the day cleaning the brick.  I plan to reuse the brick when we remove the floor and replace it.

I talked with three of my good buddies from Wynne today.  It was good to visit with them on the phone.

Pat and I will go to Memphis tomorrow.  She has to get a shot from a doctor.  We will go by and see Amy, if she can take a short break.  It all depends on the work going on when we get to go to the funeral home.

She came to Iuka two weeks ago and spent the weekend.   She had a good time and so did Pat and I.

I still go to the coffee shop and keep up on all of the information about Iuka and Tishomingo county.

Pat and I are enjoying living in Iuka and not having to go to work everyday.  We have never regretted retiring and moving to Iuka, but we both miss Wynne and our many friends.

No comments: