Friday, May 21, 2010

FRIDAY MAY 21, 2010
2:50 PM

I went to Fort Smith yesterday to attend a meeting of the league Executive Committee. We had a very good meeting and discussed a variety of issues. We spent most of the time on proposals for the legislature session next year. There are not any major issues at this time. Most of the items are cleaning up some language in the laws.

I enjoyed visiting with my friends from around the state that are on the committee. The meeting including lunch lasted about four hours. I spend about nine hours of travel time yesterday. I had no trouble going to sleep last night.

The street crews are working on the new picnic tables today. They are adding more concrete toe the base. They probably put enough the first time, just to be sure they are adding concrete today.

Pat is on another vacation. She is visiting one of her friends in Mississippi. It is just me and Oscar at home. He has not adjusted to Pat being gone.

One of Pat's friends stopped by with some fresh country eggs. They were laid today. She had read on Pat's blog that she would like to have some fresh eggs, so she brought two dozen by my office a few minutes ago.

No comments: