Sunday, May 9, 2010

SUNDAY MAY 9, 2010
3:20 PM

Happy Mothers day to all mothers.

The street crew spent most of last week working on the forms for the floor of the new storage building for the department. They discovered Friday that they had made a mistake in the measurements for the floor. They have talked with some knowledgeable people and they think that they can overcome the mistake. I hope so. They worked had getting the forms in place. If they have to make the adjustments, I am glad that the mistake was discovered before the concrete was poured.

The city council meets Tuesday night for the regular monthly meeting. The agenda only has two items for action. They will hear a report from our mosquito contractor and I have prepared a resolution for action. The resolution is support for a grant. I am writing a grant to complete the walking trail at the sports complex. I wrote one last year and we were successful and we are now in the process of building that trail. This grant will allow us to complete the trail. Last years grant covered about 2000 feet of trail. This grant is for about 2600 feet of trail and will complete the original plan.

Kirk Owens is going to speak at church tonight. He is going to talk about his experience working in East Asia for the past two years. I a looking forward to seeing Kirk and hearing his presentation.

Yesterday I did some yard work including planting some items that Pat purchased in Memphis this past week. I also prepared a raised garden for Pat last week. I also did a little work on my old truck yesterday. The truck is great mechanically, but I have several small projects related to the truck that I plan to complete over the next several months.

On Friday morning I appeared on KWYN Yawn Patrol with a new member of the chamber. The chamber has a program on Yawn Patrol the first Friday of each month with new members of the chamber. I have done this several time and I always enjoy representing the chamber on KWYN.

No comments: